December 21, 2008. Quantified some goals. Will move goals to present tense but not yet! Am not yet at “believe” because have more work to do on “feel” and images (see next point) will help with that.
December 20, 2008. Broke goals out into own post. Added a visual image next to a monetary goal. Intend to add more images throughout.
Goals (a work in progress):
- to be very fit and healthy. For me, I would like to reach a new standard. Things I have achieved in the past include low body fat and great muscle definition. I would like to have under 20% body fat. In addition, I’d like strong flat abs for the first time ever! Solid core strength all around is the goal. This will lead to my whole body working better together as designed. My alignment will be perfect. <scan and insert image here of old photo>. If any illness caught, will resolve itself within 2-3 days.
- my immediate family to be very fit and healthy. My husband has decided to start the Body for Life Challenge in January! How wonderful he’s decided on his own. Ahem. My girls need to be proficient at more skills: cartwheels, “walking bars” using hands while hanging – not sure what that’s called, more gymnastics skills such as flipping over a bar, running faster, better coordination and confidence in physical skills, ability to bike up any hill in town without stopping. If any illness caught, will resolve itself within 2-3 days.
- all of us to be happier. Laugh 20 times a day. Smile 100 times a day. (Okay, I’m clueless what’s realistic or an appropriate goal here!) A feeling of lightness. The ability to savor the moment and doing so a few times a day.
- all of us to spend at least 50% of our time out of doors. Great passtimes are reading, gardening & yard work, playing on play set, using pool (in season), walking, biking, playing at the park, visiting friends.
- to have at least 50% of what we eat come from my garden.
- my business revenue to consistently increase.
- my paperwork issues to resolve within 2 months.
- to remain caught up on paperwork.
- to work around 2-4 hours per week.
- to continue to have trusted, reliable employees who do the bulk of the work.
- to continue to have employees who love working for me and feel blessed by the opportunity to work flexible hours from home.
- a best friend for my older daughter who is worthy of her. A friend who is nice, relaxing, gentle, available, and close. Someone with similar values like kindness, openness, honest, peace, understanding.
- to keep and improve the friendship with my new friend. To trust that she is true. To make the effort to reciprocate.
- another close and trusted friend to appear in my life within a few months.
- to take an extended (2-3 weeks minium) family vacation to Europe within 2 years. Or the UK. Or both.
- inner calmness and patience.
- to bring my sanctuary to reality; to find it, own it, and visit it for real at least once or twice a year.
- confidence that I am doing an amazing job in all aspects of my life.
- increased net worth (need to quantify!!!!)